The Body Positive is hosting a Be Body Positive Professional Training on May 12-13, 2017, in Berkeley, California. If you are in the area, we highly recommend this training program.
Learn more and join the Be Body Positive Professional Training by signing up here.
This is a powerful experiential two-day training where you will enhance your professional efficacy, learn to teach our curriculum, and improve your own body image.
At the Be Body Positive Professional Training, you will:
- Receive our research-based curriculum to use in group or individual settings. It includes agendas, scripts, and step-by-step instructions. We’ve taken care of the hard stuff for you.
- Personally experience the power of our Be Body Positive Model to create a more loving relationship with your own body. You can let go of believing you have to have perfect body image yourself to help others.
- Gain confidence and invaluable skills to enhance your work as a Body Positive leader. You’ll gain an in-depth understanding of the impact of intersecting identities on body image and self-care. (We offer tools that even the most skilled clinicians haven’t used before.)
- Join a community. You will gain a network of likeminded professionals to stay connected with and share your experiences, challenges, successes, and creative ideas.
- Get a renewable two-year license to use our Be Body Positive curriculum, and the opportunity to enhance your learning process with continuing education courses offered biannually.
- Receive 13 CE hours for Masters level mental health providers and social workers, and dietitians
“Body image has historically been a place where even experienced clinicians get ‘stuck’ with clients and feel a sense of hopelessness and helplessness. The concepts and tools taught in The Body Positive training gave our group instant access to powerful interventions that they immediately began using with clients. Additionally, our clinicians felt personally energized and nurtured by the experience. Going through the exercises together resulted in increased trust and closeness within our team.
Months later, we continue to use and benefit from the concepts and spirit of the day we spent with Connie and Elizabeth. In my more than twenty years of experience working with eating disorders in residential settings, I can honestly say that I have never been a part of something so transformational.”
— Jen Gorman, MC, Director of Operations, Center For Discovery